11 juni 2013

Long distance personal shopping

Images borrowed from this website and this one
look up PINNSOFFA YNGVE EKSTROM on google to find more

Na nu zo'n twee maanden in Singapore te hebben gewoond ben ik ergens achter gekomen. Ik heb een vrij serieuze Marktplaats verslaving. Vaak is het even kijken zonder echt parels te spotten maar onlangs kwam ik een vergelijkbaar spijlenbankje tegen voor slechts € 85,-. Dat was wel even slikken. In Nederland wonend had ik niet geaarzeld en direct de adverteerder gemaild om een afspraak te maken. Maar ja, ik woon nu hier en hoe leuk en betaalbaar zo'n bankje ook mag zijn voor het hier is ben ik een kapitaal verder. Dus ik tipte mijn lieve blogvriendin Yvestown die ook neus heeft voor beauties en me al vrij snel via Instagram liet weten dat de buit binnen was. Na wat verder speurwerk is ook de ontwerper bekend: Yngve Ekstrom waar ik voor vertrek nog wel de Arka stoel van heb weten te bemachtigen. Gelukkig heeft Yvonne me verzekerd dat ik mag logeren op het bankje (de hele 1,20 meter breed!) en dat we time sharing kunnen doen mocht ik weer ooit terug naar Nederland verhuizen. Haar nieuwe aanwinst is rood en ik ben benieuwd of ze em een Yvestown sausje gaat geven.
After living in Singapore for two months now I've discovered that I have a Marktplaats (dutch Craigslist) addiction. I still often quickscan this website to see if I can find little hidden treasures. Usually not much but recently I came across this little sofa for only 85 euros. OEPS! If I would still be in Holland I wouldn't hesitate and email the owner to make an oppointment for a swift pick up. But now I'm looking at this from a distance and although it was affordable and close to where my parents live it would have been a fortune to have it shipped to Singapore. So I quickly emailed my dear blogfriend Yvestown who also didn't live far from this little gem. Soon she posted this picture on Instagram with a big thank you for the tip all the way from Singapore. After discovering it is a Yngve Ekstrom (by whom I have an Arka Chair) I'm very jealous. But she assured me that I'm welcome to sleep on it whenever I come to visit (it's 1,20 meter wide...) and we can time share if I ever move back to the Netherlands. Her new little sofa is red and I'm curious to find out if she will treat it with her usual Yvestown styling.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten